Here’s Another Idea – Pimento Cheese Pinwheels

     We had a little Pimento Cheese left, so I decided to experiment with cheesy pinwheels -- essentially a savory biscuit-based cinnamon-type roll. Since I used homemade baking mix, these were super easy and fast . . . and yet another thing to do with our favorite cheese spread. (For additional homemade mixes, check out our Mixes & More tab at the top of this page.)
     I made the small batch for just the two of us but have also included the family size as well.

Pimento Cheese Pinwheel Biscuits

Biscuits for 2 or 3 - 6 biscuits
1 cup Baking Mix
1/4 cup milk
Pimento Cheese spread (I used about 3 to 4 Tbsp.+)

Family Size - 18 biscuits
3 cup Baking Mix
2/3 cup milk
Pimento Cheese spread 

1.     Preheat oven to 400°.
2.     Add milk to the Mix and stir about 25 strokes. 
3.     Knead about 15 strokes on lightly floured board. 
4.     Roll into a rectangle shape, about 1/2” to 3/4” thick; spread with a thin layer of pimento cheese spread.

5.     Roll up dough; pinch to seal edges.
6.     Cut into thick slices and place in a greased or sprayed pan.

7.     Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Cheesy Pinwheel Biscuits were a great with our first course salad.

1 comment:

  1. Your pimento cheese pinwheel recipe looks so yummy. Cheese pimento is my favorite spread. I find its taste so versatile that I don’t only use it as spread for my bread. I even use it as a dip for grilled chicken and pork chops.

    ReplyDelete