Oatmeal in a Glass — Oatmeal Chai Smoothie


     Winter usually means hot oatmeal but for some reason, I’m not in the mood. So, I decided to drink it instead of eat it! Besides that, we just bought a NutriBullet (step up from the “Magic” Bullet). And, I would much rather add oats and seeds to my morning smoothie than kale or spinach. Yes, I’ve tried them. No, I did NOT like green vegetables mixed with milk and fruit!
     I’ve made so many smoothies that I don’t really measure anymore but I’ll try to add some specifics.

Oatmeal Chai Smoothie
3 to 4 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
2 cups+ of almond milk – vanilla flavored (if I’m using regular flavor, I add a little squeeze of agave nectar or honey; regular milk or soy milk could be substituted)
1 tablespoon flax seed (use flax meal if you don’t have a blender that will grind/pulverize seeds)
1 pinch (about1/8 teaspoon) ground nutmeg
1 pinch (about 1/8 teaspoon) ground ginger
1 pinch (about 1/8 teaspoon) ground cardamom
About ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon dark chocolate cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 banana
A heaping handful of ice

1.  Add the oats to the bottom of the NutriBullet. Pour in enough milk to cover and let soak as you assemble the rest of the smoothie. (If you don’t have a blender that will grind and pulverize, you may need to let the oats soak a little longer.)

2.  Add the remaining ingredients and then add the remaining milk. (I add to the Max line on the NutriBullet.)
3.  Now it’s time to enjoy your oatmeal in a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment