Cake Decorating made REAL simple! Fall additions to a yummy apple cake...


Cookie cutters to the rescue for dressing up a simple apple cake . . .  for a birthday celebration. Here's what I did . . .

I made Autumn Apple Cake but divided batter among two small square pans (baked them for 30 minutes instead of the stated time for an oblong cake) but I did use a whole batch of the frosting (per each small cake) so I'd have enough to frost the sides

Next, I made a basic pie crust (or, purchased crust could be used) and used a leaf cookie cutter and spring-loaded pie crust cutters to make decorative additions for the cake. Oh, yes, I sprinkled them with cinnamon-sugar before baking.


Then, it was just a matter of adding them to the frosted cake square, along with a few almonds and sprigs of rosemary. Of course the tree stump cake stand that Barry made certainly adds to the ambience.

And, I again served the cake with Cinnamon Ice Cream.
Fall Birthday Celebration!
Looking for other things to do with your cookie cutters? Check out our post titled

10 THINGS TO DO WITH FALL COOKIE CUTTERS . . . besides made cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment