"Drunken" Brandied Cranberries

As I turned the pages of the Salina Journal's insert (11/15/15), Gifts, Goodies & Recipes, 2015; a photo of this cranberry sauce caught my eye. After reading the recipe, I was sure I wanted to give it a try! However, my friend Mary Amess beat me to the kitchen—she prepared it for Thanksgiving dinner. So, I had got to try this delicious dish without doing any of the required work. The recipe is definitely a keeper so thank you to Sandy Wolbert (Salina) for submitting it for publication

Brandied Cranberries
4 cups fresh cranberries
2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 to 2/3 cup brandy
  1. Combine cranberries, sugar and brandy. Mix well.
  2. Place mixture in a 9" x 13" oblong glass baking dish. 
  3. Cover with foil and baked for one hour in oven preheated to 300°.
  4. Let cool on counter, then refrigerate until cool. 
  5. Serve as an accompaniment with poultry or ham. Can also be used as a dessert sauce over pound cake or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment