Lemon Linguine with Shrimp Serves 6
For the shrimp:
1 tablespoon extra-vrigin olive oil
3/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled & deveined (Barry left the tails on)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
For the pasta:
1 lb. whole wheat linguine
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt + more for the pasta water & to season finished dish
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup parmesan cheese + extra for topping if desired
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Shrimp: In a medium sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper; add to the preheated pan in a single layer.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until pink and cooked through. Set aside.
- Pasta: Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Whisk to blend the olive oil, parmesan, lemon peel and juice in a bowl.
- Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce and shrimp; add reserved cooking liquid t 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten.
- Season with additional salt to taste + lemon pepper. Toss.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with additional parmesan if desired.