Cool as a Cucumber Ranch-style Tea Sandwiches . . . refreshing and perfect for afternoon tea or a luncheon . . .
Cool as a Cucumber Tea Sandwiches - Ranch-style Makes about 24-36 small open-face sandwiches
1 package mini rye or pumpernickel bread slices (called cocktail bread)
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, at room temp
1 (1 oz. packet Ranch seasoning mix (equivalent to about 3 tablespoons)
1 (or more) long, thin cucumbers (such as seedless English varieties)
Chopped chives for garnish, if desired
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese and Ranch seasoning mix.
- With a knife spread a thin layer on a piece of bread
- Top with a slice of cucumber and a sprinkling of salt.
- Repeat until all sandwiches have been made.
- Garnish with chopped chives if desired.
Note: To create a “ruffled” cucumber slice, run a fork up and down the skin of the cucumber.